Skip to content

Spiritual

February 1, 2013

The tools have changed, but the process hasn’t.  You sit, an empty page in front, whether it’s pixels or paper or parchment, and you fill it with feelings, with emotion, with life.  There is magic here.  Real magic.

The world quietly asleep outside the window, the clickity-clack of the keyboard, whatever music I’ve got on – chill, classical, lounge – and the white of the screen slowly filling.

You dive deeper, you strip away the cleverness and the words become more important than your ego and that’s when you know it’s real, when it’s good.  Light spreads out over the hills, dawn comes and passes, and a new day begins.

The feeling of when you step away, finished, and you look at the page and you know you tapped into something bigger than yourself to produce this, that feeling is, dare I say, spiritual.

About these ads
13 Comments leave one →
  1. February 1, 2013 7:05 am

Well said. I’m often surprised that, when I read something that I’ve written, I discover truths in the writing that I don’t remember putting there.

2. February 1, 2013 7:09 am

Thank you.

3. jnellison permalink
    February 1, 2013 7:30 am

Yes. Nothing quite like it.

4. Szoki permalink
    February 1, 2013 8:25 am

I know that feeling…. How can I get more of your new book, Kamal? The one about your pilgrimage in Spain. Not sure I’m getting updates on that. Is it finished yet? I really like what I’ve read of it so far.

• February 1, 2013 10:23 pm

Wow, you read the early parts of the novel. Thank you. I’ll publish it this year.

5. February 1, 2013 9:06 am

Kamal…I love when you share new Writing. It’s a gift to nourish the spirit.
    Your words make my day…better. Thank you

6. February 2, 2013 8:58 am

Put very nicely…”Words become important more than ego”.

Nice one, Kamal.

7. February 2, 2013 9:11 pm

Amen. And thank you. And once again, you take my breath away.

8. Grace permalink
    February 3, 2013 6:46 pm

Reading this entry reminds me of integration of all the chakras from root to enlightenment. Awesome.

9. February 11, 2013 4:41 pm

You set the words right, and they made me shiver a little because they are so true. I wish you’d given this post a category.

10. christine esenther permalink
    June 24, 2014 6:25 pm

I ordered Love Yourself on my birthday June 10th. It arrived about a week later. THANK Y0U. I am saying I am love. I love life. Sometimes I love myself / I love my life. Sometimes just LOVE and LIFE. I close my eyes and feel it. It’s working for me. :-)
    It’s funny how scary it can be to be vulnerable and put out a little book that is so good.

Trackbacks